.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






03 May 2006

Laura’s Confirmation


As noted in my Carnival post, we were getting ready for a little celebration in the Snyder household with daughter Laura’s confirmation. I try to assign appropriate Scriptures to the confirmands based upon their personalities, the meanings of their names, and their personal strengths and weaknesses. To remind my baby both of God’s goodness to her and in light of the musical abilities He’s given her, I chose Isaiah 12:2 as her confirmation verse: “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation. (ESV)”

Here’s a picture of Laura with her proud papa:

Laura and Dad

Here’s the young lady surrounded by her godparents and me — Dennis and Sue Klussman are family friends; Carrie (Krenning) Kober and Dan Krenning are my first cousins:

Laura and Godparents

Finally, here is a copy of her confirmation certificate before we signed it:

Laura's Confirmation Certificate

4 Comments:

Blogger Devona said...

Congrats to Laura and her daddy. May God keep her staedfast in her faith!

03 May, 2006 11:43  
Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

Congratulations to you Laura, and welcome to Christ's Church! And Congratulations to you Pastor Snyder as we can all tell how proud you are of Laura. I pray that our Lord continues to bless your entire family.

03 May, 2006 14:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks. Great Job!

04 May, 2006 10:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Pastor Snyder. Was Mrs. Snyder around for the picture taking session? Laura, may this be the beginning of a lifetime of learning to rightly divide Law and Gospel! congratulations and blessings in Christ Jesus!
Pastor Ted Staudacher

17 May, 2006 19:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home