.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






25 December 2005

Unexpected Citation


I got an unsolicited email from NYC the other day. No, it wasn’t a credit card “phishing” operation. Instead, Dawn Eden, blogging columnist for the New York Daily News, asked if I would join other ministers and a rabbi and share with her readers what we’d be blogging for the Holy Days.

I just signed on and found my summary of my Christmas article the lead on her column. I never in my life imagined that I’d ever get to talk about Jesus’ birth, life, death, and resurrection in a New York newspaper. I guess we could call this The Miracle on 33rd Street (NYC 10001).

Dawn grew up Jewish but the Lord brought her into Christianity. She said that she’s never detailed her conversion story but hopes to one day. Right now, I’m looking forward to a book she told me she’s writing with the working title The Thrill of the Chaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home