Sermon: Pentecost 6 — Proper 7
Sermon Text: “Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death, and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” Matthew 10:21-23
Sermon Theme: A Test of Endurance
Readings: Psalm 91; Jeremiah 20:7-13; Romans 6:12-23; Matthew 10:5a, 21-33
- Introduction: With what “endurance tests” are you familiar?
- What endurance test would the disciples soon face?
- What was the cause of this hatred?
- How could the disciples endure fearlessly?
- What parts of your life test your endurance?
- Are your tests merely part of living in this world or do they also include the tests that only Christians face?
- How can you join the first disciples in enduring fearlessly?
Technorati Tags: Proper 7 | Pentecost 6 | Pentecost VI | Sixth Sunday after Pentecost | 6th Sunday after Pentecost | Three Year Lectionary | 3 Year Lectionary | Series A | Jesus | Jesus Christ | Christ | endurance | endurance test | test | testing | perseverance | trial | trials | tribulation | tribulations | crosses | suffering | vocation | faithfulness | fearlessness | faith | repentance | judgment | Law | Law and Gospel | Gospel | 22 June 2008 | June 22, 2008 | Lutheranism | Lutheran | Church | Christian | Christianity | Christian Church | Matthew 10 | Psalm 91 | Jeremiah 20 | Romans 6 | sermon | text | theme | topic | Test of Endurance | audio | mp3 | Pastor Snyder | Pastor Walter Snyder | Walter Snyder | Ask the Pastor