.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






17 January 2007

Is Oz Studying the Death of Christ?

Tracking Blog Searches from Down Under

AustraliaIf I listed all the variations, this post would look like I practice keyword stuffing.

Just a few minutes ago, I checked the Referrer Tracking 1 category for ATP’s eXTReMe Tracking counter and found dozens of variations on the theme of Jesus’s age at death. Here are just a few more of them: jesus age when died; Jesus died age; Jesus - age at death; jesus age of death; jesus age at death; jesus age death; jesus age.

PietaThere were other combinations, and many of these repeated several times. What I found interesting is that all came as Google searches and most were from Google Australia.

No matter which combination of words was chosen, all returned a post I wrote on 25 February 2007 among their top ten results — and most had it within the top three to five responses. So I’m wondering a couple of things: First, did these folks find what they needed and second, what Australian school teacher assigned this as a topic of study?

I find this almost as strange as last summer discovering that a woman used this same post to wish her husband a happy birthday.

Send email to Ask the Pastor.

Walter Snyder is the pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Emma, Missouri and coauthor of the book What Do Lutherans Believe.

Technorati Tags: | | | | | |

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for the answer to a competition question which asks how old Jesus was when he died. I do not know if this is why everyone else is searching - school has not yet returned, so it cannot be that.

19 January, 2007 04:55  
Blogger Neil and Bernadette said...

A magazine from Down Under called "That's Life" is running the comp, if you win you get a coach trip in Australia worth $1240. Thanks for the info I'm going to try my luck.

21 January, 2007 00:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too am entering the "That's Life" competition. Good luck everyone!!

24 January, 2007 05:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Few days ago cheked the facts we know about about Jesus birthday and I understood that He was about 40 when he was crucified. I've written in my new book that is coming out in a week or two. Then I checked to see if there's anybody in internet who is aware the same thing and found You. Jesus couldn't be younger than 39 when He was crucified, but it's possible to be older about 44 if we care about the comet was in 12 B.C. and associate with the star in New Twstament.
Ernest

28 January, 2009 01:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home