.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






29 October 2008

Opening the Archives


Dusting Off the OldiesNot to worry ... as long as folks keep asking, I’ll keep answering new questions. However, I’ve only uploaded a portion of the columns from years gone by. So beginning this week, it’s hello to the golden (or silver or bronze ... or even plastic) oldies. As much as possible, I’ll leave them intact — but I will edit them as needed for readability, contemporary application, or just because I’e either learned more or rethought a position.

Maybe I’ll also “dust off” some old ancient photos, such as the original of the confirmation picture pasted in miniature on this laptop. If you squint tightly and hold your head just so, you can make out my Grandpa Grossmann, me, Dad, and Dad’s first cousin Harold Snyder. In case you were wondering, Mom took it on Pentecost 1970.

2 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Great idea! I look forward to reading the archives. When did your first column appear in that newspaper?

30 October, 2008 15:24  
Blogger Xrysostom said...

September of 1995. You can guess pretty closely by reading the next column.

30 October, 2008 18:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home