.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






08 December 2005

Paying for Waste


Cup of CoffeeQ: If I make a bad cup of coffee at work and throw it out, should I pay for it?

A: Sometimes questions of right and wrong are actually questions of what is best, so I’ll ask a couple more: What do you think is the thing that most pleases God? Whose coffee is it? Who paid for it? If your conscience is already bothered, why do you think this is?

I’ll not give you an answer to your question because I think you already have the best one.

Send email to Ask the Pastor.

Walter Snyder is the pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Emma, Missouri and coauthor of the book What Do Lutherans Believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home