.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ask the Pastor

† Theological musings and answers to selected questions by a confessional Lutheran pastor.






25 March 2005

Fatherhood Redux


By tomorrow night at this time, I’ll be a father again. No, not according to the flesh; I think that my two daughters are it in that department. And not by adoption — at least not an adoption into the Snyder family.

Stephanie and I, along with another couple here at Holy Cross, have been asked to be godparents at the baptism of two young boys during the Vigil of Easter. So it is an adoption, but one in which God takes the active part. By the power of His almighty Word, God will use simple Emma, Missouri tap water to bring Aaron and Joshua into His family. So as their pastor, I’ll be their father in the faith as they grow in the Word and as a godfather, I’ll have the pleasure of sharing their Christian nurture with their parents, with Stephanie, and with Carl and Michelle.

How all this came about remains a marvel to me (and, maybe, the topic of another blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home